sexta-feira, 27 de maio de 2011

Nerd Pride Day

 Have you ever read “The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy”?  Have you ever watched Star Wars?
 If you didn’t, please, stop reading it right now. This text may not be interesting for you.  In fact, if you really want to read it, go ahead, because like Sheldon*, I don’t care.  Probably it’s because I know that my English teacher is the only one that is going to read – he just wants to find mistakes, in fact nobody is interested on this text. And that includes me.
Now back to the future theme of this posting. Let’s talk about 25th of May.
Spain began with this “Orgullo friki”( http://www.elmarginado.com/orgullofriki/index.html ) –  clever and fans of science fiction, HQ’s and RPG, at this day - I don’t know if it’s the only day of the year-  are proud to scream out loud that thy are nerds or, you know, one of those new types  of nerds. I made a test and I’m supposed to be geek or a fangirl, a nerd less smart, who likes and knows about nerd stuff but with social life.  Well, I found the link of the test on twitter and now I’d be losing time to find because it is in Portuguese and I saw it two days ago. If you know how fast things can change on Twitter, you also know this specific tweet may be light-years from distance by now. Where did I stop?
 Geek Pride Day, do want to know more about it? Why for Heaven’s sake is it celebrated on 25th of May? What about Towel Day? They explain everything to you.
If you cannot understand them, again, I don’t care,  google it.
In Manaus, Brazil, there was a flash mob. Geeks X Bullying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVvgHcvQ04
If you like Star Wars and want to see something very funny, watch this video. A Lightsaber Flash Mob:
Live long and prosper. May the force be with you.
THE END
*Sheldon,  character of The Big Bang Theory  series.

By 'Dani

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário